View February Service Changes »
Route 8 Schedule »
Markers indicate stops on route
Scheduled Service Change - February 21, 2016
View/Print Updated Schedule
Major route changes:
New routing in downtown Santa Monica: In anticipation of new Metro Rail service from Santa Monica to downtown Los Angeles (Spring 2016), westbound routing will change to serve the Downtown Santa Monica Station on 4th St. and Colorado Ave. See map for details.
New routing at Ocean Park Blvd. and 4th St.: Route 8 will now pass under 4th St. instead of going up and over 4th St. Use bus stops at 5th St. and Ocean Park Blvd. to access this area.
Major schedule changes:
- Eastbound trips from downtown Santa Monica may depart up to nine minutes earlier or five minutes later.
- Westbound trips from UCLA may depart up to five minutes earlier or 11 minutes later.
- One additional westbound trip added at 6:52AM from Wilshire Blvd. at Westwood Blvd.
- Eastbound trips depart up to 16 minutes earlier and five minutes later.
- Westbound trips depart up to six minutes later.
- Preview new schedules online.
Preview new schedule.
Bus stop removals:
- EB Ocean Park & 4th
- WB Ocean Park & 4th
- EB Santa Monica & 6th
- NB 5th & Colorado
- SB 5th & Colorado