The eco-friendly, eco-nomical way to go!
Get on board and save.
For every trip you take, you reduce the amount of money you spend on auto-related expenses. So get on board and:
- Spend less on gasoline.
- Spend less on parking fees (for meters, monthly passes and valets).
- Make fewer costly trips to your mechanic.
- Calculate what your own savings would be by visiting publictransportation.org.
Fueled by vision.
Gasoline? That’s so retro, which is why:
- Every bus in our fleet runs on alternative fuel, such as liquid natural gas (LNG), compressed natural gas and electric/gas hybrid technology.
- Operating one LNG bus is equivalent to eliminating the smog and soot from an average of 25 passenger cars.
- Dedicated natural gas vehicles can reduce emissions of CO2 by almost 20 percent below those of gasoline-powered vehicles.
Keeping it real...green.
BBB’s maintenance facility uses green technologies and systems to create a healthy work environment for our employees and the Earth. They include:
- Installing solar panels.
- Topping the building with a reflective ‘cool roof’.
- Using recycled building materials to reduce waste sent to landfills.
- Cleaning and refining oil for reuse, saving over 19,000 barrels of crude oil from having to be pumped.
- Recycling tires by grinding them up for street repavment.
- Recycling 85% of the water used in our bus wash facility.
Ride and breathe easier.
By riding the Big Blue Bus, you’re helping to keep the air cleaner. Here’s why:
- Our buses have specialized exhaust systems that filter and remove particulates.
- Riding the bus also reduces harmful carbon dioxide emissions that contribute to global warming.
- By leaving your car behind, you can reduce your individual carbon emissions by 20 pounds a day or 4,800 pounds a year.
- Our entire fleet exceeds all California Air Resources Board emission-lowering regulations.
Be good to the planet.
So be good to the planet and your bank account by catching a ride on the Big Blue Bus.
Because when you ride blue, you save green.