Bringing Your Bike
All Big Blue Buses have racks that accommodate most bikes, including kids’ bikes (but not tandems). Each rack can carry two bikes and bikes are not allowed inside the bus.
To operate the rack, simply squeeze the handle in the center of the rack to lower and raise it. Place your bike between the grooves, pull the clamp straight out and over the front tire of the bicycle and that’s it!
When you’ve reached your destination, let the Operator know that you’re going to remove a bike from the rack. Easy to follow directions are clearly displayed on every bike rack.
- Cyclists are responsible for loading and unloading their own bicycle.
- Always load/unload your bike by approaching the bus from the curb side (never from the street).
- Folding Bikes: Bring your folding bike onto the bus, but remember to fold your bike before the bus arrives. While inside, make sure to keep the aisle clear.
- Bikes cannot be locked onto the rack.
- Only tires should touch the rack.
- If you're taking the last bike off the rack, please return the rack to the upright position.
- If you forget to remove your bike, or if the bus pulls away before you unload it, please note the bus number and route then call Customer Service at (310) 451-5444.
Bicycles are transported at the owner’s risk. The Big Blue Bus is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged bicycles.